Inspirational travel quotes to share on this occasion
National Tourism Day is celebrated annually on May 7 and falls during National Travel and Tourism Week.
National Travel and Tourism Week was the first popular in May 1983 after President Ronald Reagan signed a proclamation for the same. The one-week observance falls on the first full week of May. It is observed to create awareness about the importance of tourism in the economy of the country.
National Tourism Day comes just one day after Tourism Appreciation Day. Here are some quotes, courtesy Visit radar, on trips to share on this day.
1. “The destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” -Henry Miller
2. “We do not travel to escape life, but so that life does not escape us.” – Unknown
3. “I’m not a great book, I’m not a great artist, but I love art and I love food, so I’m the perfect traveler.” – Michel Palin
4. “I am not the same after seeing the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Marie-Anne Radmacher
5. “People don’t take trips, trips take people. – John Steinbeck
6. “The best trips in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.” Rich ridgeway
7. “To travel is to evolve.” – Pierre Bernardo
8. “Certainly, traveling is more than seeing sites; it is a change that continues, deep and permanent, in the ideas of life. – Myriam Barbe
9. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. “- Eugene Fodor
10. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. “- Ibn Battuta