Professor of Innovation Management job at FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
Our bold vision, reflected in our Strategic Plan: Make a Difference: Agenda 2025, is to be internationally recognized as a global research leader, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of the most enterprising graduates from Australia.
To achieve this ambition, we recently made a significant organizational change to a six-college structure with professional alignment of staff and services.
We recognize that the key to our success is exceptional people and we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our transformed university team.
Type of employment:
Next | Full time
Academic teaching and research (balanced) Level E
$191,274 per year
The professor will provide academic leadership in research, teaching, and community engagement in the discipline of management in the College of Business, Government and Law. In doing so, they will work closely with the Australian Institute of Industrial Transformation to create synergies with the management discipline.
The position will provide exceptional leadership in the study of innovation management. The incumbent will have a track record of grants and publications in leading journals. They will be able and willing to assume a strong leadership role with early career researchers and mid-career researchers.
The professor will advance the College in its reputation as a center of excellence in education and research, both nationally and internationally, and advance the development of the discipline of management.
Flinders Business is part of the College of Business, Government and Law at Flinders University, which includes teaching programs in business, government, law and criminology. The College also includes three research centers: the Australian Industrial Transformation Institute, the Jeff Bleich Center for the US Alliance in Digital Technology, Security & Governance and the Center for Social Impact – Flinders.
Our mission is to adopt innovative knowledge and practices to meet the challenges of our time, with a strategic focus on technology, health and social impact. Our mission defines our educational offerings, our research agenda, and our collaborations and partnerships.
Main responsibilities of the position
The Professor will be responsible for:
- Promote high-level teaching and research consistent with the College’s mission and research centers.
- To provide exceptional teaching using contemporary pedagogy, a range of delivery methods and innovative delivery methods in the field of innovation management.
- Inform the development of strategies, policies and programs on the future of work through multidisciplinary research.
- Building effective research collaborations between the Australian Institute of Industrial Transformation and business disciplines.
- Publish in high quality nationally and internationally recognized publications.
- Contribute to the growth of Flinders research income by securing research grants and competitive external tenders.
- Supervise through completion of Flinders Honours, Masters and PhD students and increase attendance of the doctoral cohort.
- Mentoring of junior academic colleagues in the College, particularly academic staff in innovation management, including co-editing, co-supervision and co-submission of competitive external grants.
- Contribute to the enrichment of the College’s mission.
- Provide leadership and expertise to foster collaborative links across the University and with industry/community and with other institutions as appropriate.
Capabilities of the key position
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualification
- A record of leadership and promotion of excellence in teaching/scholarship/educational delivery, including outstanding student evaluations at the tertiary level, including a distinctive level of recognition at the national level and, the if applicable, international.
- Exceptional leadership demonstrated nationally and/or internationally within the discipline, fostering excellence through original, innovative and distinguished contributions to research, including HDR supervision.
- A sustained track record of obtaining competitive external research grants/support outside.
- A sustained track record of high-level external engagement with industry and relevant professional organizations.
- Expertise relevant to the advancement of the College’s mission.
For further information regarding the position, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact: Professor Adela McMurray
Information for applicants:
You must provide a declaration of aptitude of no more than three pages, addressing the core capabilities of the position, as outlined above. Additionally, you need to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful candidate can commence this position.
We seek to increase diversity to improve equal opportunity for employees, and therefore encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities and/or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Please note that late applications and applications sent through agencies will not be accepted.
Closing of applications at 11:59 p.m.:
August 03, 2022