Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management conferred with ‘Excellent’ group at ARIIA 2021
The Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management conferred with the “Excellent” group in ARIIA 2021, Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. from India
Mangaluru: Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangaluru is recognized in the “EXCELLENT” group (Top 100) in the category Private / Self-funded Colleges / Technical Institutes in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Success in Innovation (ARIIA) 2021, a flagship program of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
The results were announced at the e-Release event by Dr Subhas Sarkar, Minister of State for Education, MoE, Govt. of India on December 29, 2021. In 2020, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management was ranked among the 25 most innovative self-funded private institutions in India and among the top 3 in Karnataka State by ARIIA.
The Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an innovative policy initiative of the Ministry of Education, government. of India implemented through the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the MoE Innovation Unit to systematically rank all major higher education institutions and universities in India on indicators related to promoting and supporting the “development of innovation and entrepreneurship” among students and faculties. Taking into account the Indian ecosystem of innovation and start-up in higher education institutions, various parameters including input, process, output and outcome parameters are included in the framework.
Below are the main parameters taken into account in ARIIA for the classification:
• Activities to promote and support innovation & start-ups on campus
• Pre-incubation and incubation infrastructure and facilities available on campus
• Academic courses offered by the institute on innovation, IPRs and start-ups
• Successful innovation and start-ups emerging from the campus
• Investment, collaboration and partnerships with ecosystem facilitators
• Search results ; publications and intellectual property generated
• Technology transfer and commercialization efforts
ARIIA 2021 classifies participating institutions into two broad categories; Technical and non-technical. The technical category includes the following 5 subcategories:
1. CFTI, Central University and Institute of National Importance
2. State university and reputable university (government and government support)
3. Government. College / institution (government and government assisted)
4. Reputable university and university (self-financing / private)
5. Private college / institute (self-financing / private)
The newly introduced non-technical category classifies higher education institutions into two sub-categories;
1. CFI / Central University / Institute of national importance (non-technical)
2. General (non-technical)
ARIIA is a policy initiative of the Ministry of Education to rank all universities and colleges in India.