SAPS elects junior management core – Germiston City News
The SAPS National Commissioner recently introduced a turnaround strategy for the service that aims to transform the organization as required by the National Development Plan.
READ ALSO: Police join forces to arrest 121 suspects
The introduction of the strategy saw SAPS members from Ekurhuleni district meet at New Day Church on December 14, 2021.
Capt Neldah Sekgobela, Ekurhuleni District Communications Officer, said the strategy aims to deliver effective and efficient services to society in accordance with the Constitution.
“He describes the introduction of participatory management as a key driver in the implementation and realization of the new vision of the organization,” said Sekgobela.
Sekgobela said that to support the initiative, SAPS members from Ekurhuleni district gathered at the church to elect the executive members of the core junior leadership.
The event was attended by Ekurhuleni District Deputy Commissioner Brigadier Lebohang Machakela and other high-ranking officials.
At the event, Sgt Media Khoza of Germiston SAPS provided an overview of the core, its background, why it was created, its strategic direction, vision, goals and objectives.
Sekgobela explained that the core goal is for junior members of SAPS to share practices that can be implemented for better policing.
Machakela said that since the elections were held inside a church, there is no doubt that the newly elected structures were chosen by God and will be blessed.
He encouraged junior members to be innovative, to allow themselves to lead and be led, to improve, to support each other and to work harder to thrive.
The elected junior executive members are:
• President: Sgt Herry Manaka of Duduza SAPS
• Co-president of operations: Sgt Media Khoza of Germiston SAPS
• Co-president of administration: Sgt Jan Mokwana of Reiger Park SAPS
• Secretary: Const Mnisi de Duduza SAPS
• Assistant Secretary: Sgt Queen Sibeko from Ekurhuleni District
• Patriotic coordinator: Sgt Ramaboka d’Elsburg SAPS
• Internal training coordinator: SAC Malomane from Sebenza SAPS
• Development coordinator: SPO Tyeshane from Primrose SAPS
• Plenary coordinator: Sgt Mashiane de Tokoza SAPS
• Policy and legislation coordinator: Const Mothobi of Edenvale SAPS
• Transformation coordinator: Sgt Makgatho of Tembisa SAPS
• Vision Ambassador: Const Matlakala of Edenpark SAPS
• PRO: Agent Maxwell Mabunda of Germiston SAPS
• Performance Management Coordinator – Const Mongwe of Eden Park SAPS
• Innovation and activity coordinator: FCL Mbana de Tokoza SAPS